The lodge sits at an elevation of 7600 feet, at the western edge of the Flat Tops Wilderness. Our weather can vary greatly in the fall, so you should be prepared for a variety of weather conditions. By early September frost is common, and snow can occur at the higher elevations any time from mid September. A properly outfitted hunter will be prepared for rain, snow, and sun. The sun is quite strong at this elevation, and can burn skin easily, even on cloudy days.
Please see our equipment list below for suggested equipment or download a print version.
Hunt Equipment List
- Polypropelene or wool layers
- Water proof shell (top and bottom)
- 2 pair of boots -waterproof and broke in – boot dryers are handy
- Gaiters if you have them
- 2 pairs of gloves
- Hat and vest (500 square inches of blaze orange required)
- Sun glasses
- Warm hat and neck gaiter
- Personal toiletries including sunscreen and medications
- Headlamp and backup Flashlight
- Hunter’s safety card & license
- Weapon and ammunition
- Game bags